Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 3: Engine 2 Diet

Today is day 3 on the Engine2 diet.  So far so good.  I am learning how to follow my diet while the rest of my family eats their normal diet.  This means a lot more cooking for myself.  I hope to find recipes they will want to try but I think it is going to take awhile.  As I think about the diet, I started to realize the similarity with garden composting.  If it can readily compost it is probable better to eat.  So the last thing one would put in a compost bin is meat and oils.  I wonder if these principles work the same way for the human intestinal tract?  We are able to have better gut flora without all the meat, dairy and oils.  My body does seem to feel less stressed processing the foods I have been eating the last 3 days but it is very early in the diet to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment